Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Campbells


Campbell's soup. I'm not addressing Andy Warhol in this post just the label of the soup can. The Campbell's soup can is definitely iconic. If it wasn't a staple of grocery stores then it was in the modernist movement with Andy Warhol. The design is fairly simple and everyone recognizes it so why change it now? My problem with the soup label is that all of their labels look the same. I realize that you need to have a familiar face for customers but sometimes it is hard to tell them apart. There have been numerous times when I've picked up the wrong can of soup because they all look the same. If I were making products for consumers I would try my best to differentiate the products by their labels. I'd keep the same logo so they knew but maybe change up the red and white scheme to different colors for every type of soup. Cream of Mushroom could be Orange and white. If you keep the seal and font everyone will recognize that it is Campbells. Otherwise I like the design and I like companies that their logos stand the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment