Thursday, December 17, 2009

Electric Assist Is Not Just For Cars Anymore.


I am a bit of a bike hobbyist/aficionado, builder/collector. I currently own around 6 bikes, which might not sound like a lot but it is when you live in a one bedroom apartment on the third floor of a small building with no bike racks. I am currently more of a fixed gear type of rider but this bike caught my attention. It looks like a classic schwinn which has already won me over in the looks department. It is rocking the classic schwinn fenders and 21 speeds. Something else different than most other bikes is that it also has a battery on it. This electric driven bike has a "plug n'drive" system on it. This system basically has pedal assist for those riding it. I really like the idea and I know builders have been putting small electric motors on their bikes for years. I'm glad its getting more mainstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment