Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ultra Modern Sinks















The first glance of these pictres you may just want to keep staring and try to figure out what they are. It took me a few seconds to realize actually what I was looking at. If you haven't figured it out by now these are all ultra modern styled sinks designed by Bagno Bandini designs. I ,for one, am a fan of modern designs. I find them almost timeless. A lot of modern designs seem to be stemmed from designs of the 60s, because they are very curvacious and have basic solid colors. Some of these designs are referred to as retrofuturistic looks. Although aesthetically more pleasing than most sinks, the functionality of these sinks seems to be very limited. The shallow depth of the sinks seem as if they wouldn't keep higher pressure water from splashing out very well. I enjoy the looks of modern furniture as well as appliances and house wares but I enjoy function over form also. These sinks do look good but, I would be sure to try to test them before buying, in the event that there is more than one set and they are being sold to consumers. I have not found a pricetag for a set of sinks like the ones mentioned above but I'm assuming that they are going to be more for show than purpose anyway, considering those that could afford sinks like this, generally would put them in a bathroom not used for everyday needs. I'd give an A for design and a C for function.

I found these sinks here http://dornob.com/brilliant-curved-basins-and-super-smooth-sink-surfaces/

No comments:

Post a Comment